Edenderry Cultural and Historical Society
�



Foundry Home



Uploaded Foundry Photos - click a photo to see an enlarged picture with further info.


Harold Trouton and Robert Magee with the Gates they Refurbished 2012.
Harold Trouton and Robert Magee with the Gates they Refurbished 2012.


The refurbished Gasworks Gates finally installed on Bridge Street Edenderry.
The refurbished Gasworks Gates finally installed on Bridge Street Edenderry.


The refurbished gates installed on their new foundation.
The refurbished gates installed on their new foundation.




The Refurbished Gates installed in Bridge Street
The Refurbished Gates installed in Bridge Street


Harold priming the gates
Harold priming the gates


Harold at work on the gates
Harold at work on the gates




Harold working on the gates
Harold working on the gates


Harold welding the gates
Harold welding the gates


Harold welding detail of the gates
Harold welding detail of the gates




Robert preparing the gates
Robert preparing the gates


Robert at work on the gates
Robert at work on the gates


Robert working on the gates
Robert working on the gates


previous 1 2 3 4 5 next

Last 5 Additions

A little known fact
A little known fact

Portadown’ s water supply used to be pumped direct from the River Bann with it so steam pump where the Regal cinema/ entertainment centre is now.
The old Town Hall
The old Town Hall

Who remembers the old Town Hall?
Deliveries in the early 1900’s
Deliveries in the early 1900’s

An old photo showing deliveries to Brankins Pub around the 1900.
The gentleman standing in centre of gateway is believed to be Thomas Brankin, The gentleman on extreme left of photo is believed to be Eamonn''s great grandfather Thomas Brankin.

The photograph was taken about 1900, Brankins Bar then would have been considered to be on the edge of town, nowadays the site would be considered as the centre of The Tunnel. Obins Street.

Brankin''s used to board people and stable horses in the buildings at the rear of the Pub.
The old signal coming into Portadown north side.
The old signal coming into Portadown north side.

The old signal coming into Portadown north side.
Carngrove Hotel
Carngrove Hotel

This photo shows the Carngrove Hotel being demolished. This was Mr George Stanley (who was the managing director of the gasworks till his death in 1975) house which he made into the hotel. Unfortunately he didn’t see it as he passed away shortly after getting the licence for alcohol. You can read more about Mr George Stanley in the Gasworks book.

Total Hits: 73226 © copyright 2017 Edenderry Cultural and Historical Society