Edenderry Cultural and Historical Society
�



Edenderry Home

Maps/photos of area Files

Uploaded Edenderry Photos - click a photo to see an enlarged picture with further info.


Special Path to Eden Hall
Special Path to Eden Hall

Relic of the past are the original gates into Watson Street by which Mr Armstrong of Eden Hall could get to his factory Armstrong Linen & the railway station was by way of a special path across the swampy ground from his house.
See copy of 1907 ordnance survey map with the path mentioned coloured red.

Ordnance Survey Map of Edenderry - 1907
Ordnance Survey Map of Edenderry - 1907

This is a copy of the Ordnance Survey Map of Edenderry in 1907.

1907 Ordnace Survey Map -Methodist Wooden Tabernacle
1907 Ordnace Survey Map -Methodist Wooden Tabernacle

The Methodist WOODEN TABERNACLE is outlined in red.



Map of location of Eden Hall
Map of location of Eden Hall

Eden Hall was demolished in early 30's or thereabouts.The land was sold & Eden Crescent or Guinea Row as it was commonly known was built on part of it.
The all weather hockey pitch at Chambers Park was also built on another part of it.
At the entrance to Eden Hall was the Gate lodge.

Survey map of the Edenderry area 1858
Survey map of the Edenderry area 1858

The area was surveyed in 1858.

1

Last 5 Additions

A little known fact
A little known fact

Portadown’ s water supply used to be pumped direct from the River Bann with it so steam pump where the Regal cinema/ entertainment centre is now.
The old Town Hall
The old Town Hall

Who remembers the old Town Hall?
Deliveries in the early 1900’s
Deliveries in the early 1900’s

An old photo showing deliveries to Brankins Pub around the 1900.
The gentleman standing in centre of gateway is believed to be Thomas Brankin, The gentleman on extreme left of photo is believed to be Eamonn''s great grandfather Thomas Brankin.

The photograph was taken about 1900, Brankins Bar then would have been considered to be on the edge of town, nowadays the site would be considered as the centre of The Tunnel. Obins Street.

Brankin''s used to board people and stable horses in the buildings at the rear of the Pub.
The old signal coming into Portadown north side.
The old signal coming into Portadown north side.

The old signal coming into Portadown north side.
Carngrove Hotel
Carngrove Hotel

This photo shows the Carngrove Hotel being demolished. This was Mr George Stanley (who was the managing director of the gasworks till his death in 1975) house which he made into the hotel. Unfortunately he didn’t see it as he passed away shortly after getting the licence for alcohol. You can read more about Mr George Stanley in the Gasworks book.

Total Hits: 72836 © copyright 2017 Edenderry Cultural and Historical Society