Edenderry Cultural and Historical Society
�



Edenderry Home

Old RIC Barracks Files

Uploaded Edenderry Photos - click a photo to see an enlarged picture with further info.


Old RIC Barracks
Old RIC Barracks

The only information we have about the RIC station at Edenderry is that recorded in the Annual Constabulary List and Directory. It lists it as established in 1870 and operational until July 1920, when it is listed as temporarily discontinued until the final RIC List and Directory of July 1921.
It was situated at the top of Carricblacker Avenue in the large brick building as seen in photo.
Today the building has been turned into apartments.

Courtesy of PSNI


1

Last 5 Additions

A little known fact
A little known fact

Portadown’ s water supply used to be pumped direct from the River Bann with it so steam pump where the Regal cinema/ entertainment centre is now.
The old Town Hall
The old Town Hall

Who remembers the old Town Hall?
Deliveries in the early 1900’s
Deliveries in the early 1900’s

An old photo showing deliveries to Brankins Pub around the 1900.
The gentleman standing in centre of gateway is believed to be Thomas Brankin, The gentleman on extreme left of photo is believed to be Eamonn''s great grandfather Thomas Brankin.

The photograph was taken about 1900, Brankins Bar then would have been considered to be on the edge of town, nowadays the site would be considered as the centre of The Tunnel. Obins Street.

Brankin''s used to board people and stable horses in the buildings at the rear of the Pub.
The old signal coming into Portadown north side.
The old signal coming into Portadown north side.

The old signal coming into Portadown north side.
Carngrove Hotel
Carngrove Hotel

This photo shows the Carngrove Hotel being demolished. This was Mr George Stanley (who was the managing director of the gasworks till his death in 1975) house which he made into the hotel. Unfortunately he didn’t see it as he passed away shortly after getting the licence for alcohol. You can read more about Mr George Stanley in the Gasworks book.

Total Hits: 82783 © copyright 2017 Edenderry Cultural and Historical Society