Edenderry Cultural and Historical Society
�



Edenderry Home

Railway Station Files

Uploaded Edenderry Photos - click a photo to see an enlarged picture with further info.


Railway Station
Railway Station

Building platforms 2& 3 1898

Railway Seagoe
Railway Seagoe

As seen

Last train from Bangor
Last train from Bangor

The last engineering steam train from Bangor.
L/R J. Snedden,C. McAdam,D. Thompson & J. McMullan.

Photo courtesy of Mr. C McAdam.



C Mc Adam
C Mc Adam

1975 photo of Mr C. McAdam.

Photo courtesy of mr C. McAdam.

Portadown Goods Shed
Portadown Goods Shed

It was built of reinforced concrete & the eventual demolition of Portadown shed required the use of explosives by the Army.The shed was situated beside Portadown Junction, between the lines to Dublin & Clones.
The engines are from left -SG3 class 0-6-0 No. 35 (ex-GN No.41), U class 4-4-o No.66 "Meath"(ex-GN No.201) & WT class 2-6-4T No.54

Pre-Retirement Photo of Tom Swann
Pre-Retirement Photo of Tom Swann

Photo courtesy of Rotary.



Railway Station around 1900
Railway Station around 1900

Photo courtesy Portadown Times

Jarveys at the Railway Station
Jarveys at the Railway Station

Photo courtesy of Rotary.

J Bonis Retirement
J Bonis Retirement

John Bonis at his retirement luncheon in Stormont Hotel, Belfast on 19th November 1996 with Mr Neville Whitehead, Chairman NIR

Mr Bonis & family lived in the Red Row for many years.
Photo courtesy T Bonis



Portadown Railway Station 1950's
Portadown Railway Station 1950's

Engines 153 & 85 side by side on platforms 1&2.

Railway Station
Railway Station

The driver of the engine is Andrew Barbour & the fireman W. Milne.

SOUTH CABIN - RAILWAY STATION
SOUTH CABIN - RAILWAY STATION

Photo shows engine & carriages as they approach the South Signal Cabin

1 2 3 next

Last 5 Additions

A little known fact
A little known fact

Portadown’ s water supply used to be pumped direct from the River Bann with it so steam pump where the Regal cinema/ entertainment centre is now.
The old Town Hall
The old Town Hall

Who remembers the old Town Hall?
Deliveries in the early 1900’s
Deliveries in the early 1900’s

An old photo showing deliveries to Brankins Pub around the 1900.
The gentleman standing in centre of gateway is believed to be Thomas Brankin, The gentleman on extreme left of photo is believed to be Eamonn''s great grandfather Thomas Brankin.

The photograph was taken about 1900, Brankins Bar then would have been considered to be on the edge of town, nowadays the site would be considered as the centre of The Tunnel. Obins Street.

Brankin''s used to board people and stable horses in the buildings at the rear of the Pub.
The old signal coming into Portadown north side.
The old signal coming into Portadown north side.

The old signal coming into Portadown north side.
Carngrove Hotel
Carngrove Hotel

This photo shows the Carngrove Hotel being demolished. This was Mr George Stanley (who was the managing director of the gasworks till his death in 1975) house which he made into the hotel. Unfortunately he didn’t see it as he passed away shortly after getting the licence for alcohol. You can read more about Mr George Stanley in the Gasworks book.

Total Hits: 72855 © copyright 2017 Edenderry Cultural and Historical Society